Terms and Conditions of Hire
“Us” or “We”: Owners of Blaencwm Cottages
“You” or “the Hirer”: Leader of the Party making the booking
1. All bookings are made subject to availability and only become firm when the deposit is accepted by us. The person booking (Party Leader) must be at least 18 years of age and have the requisite legal capability and authority to enter into a contract at the time of booking.
2. By making a booking the Party Leader confirms that they have authority to book on behalf of the party and that all other party members agree that the booking is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Bookings cannot be accepted from parties of young people less than 18 years of age.
4. Check in time is 3pm on the day of arrival and check out time is 10am on the day of departure. Please let us know if you would like to request any changes to these times.
1. All payments should be made directly to us either by bank transfer or card payment over the phone. A deposit must be made within 7 days of making the booking. Full payment should be received no later than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday dates. If booking is made less than 6 weeks until the start of the holiday, then full payment should be made at that time.
2. The booking will be held for that period only and if payment of the deposit is not received within 7 days the booking will be deemed to have lapsed. Non-payment of the balance on or before the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by you and the time you have reserved will go back on sale.
Your obligations to us
1. In entering into an agreement with us for hire of the property, you agree to the following:
a) To pay before departure for any breakages, losses or damage caused by you to the property or its facilities.
b) To take all reasonable and proper care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of your holiday. You will be responsible for any additional cleaning costs. c) To inform us of any problems with the facilities or services as soon as they become apparent.
d) To permit us reasonable access to the property to carry out urgent maintenance.
e) Not to sublet or share the property except with the persons included at the booking or subsequently included by agreement. The maximum number of persons allowed at the property is clearly stated and must not be exceeded. We reserve the right to terminate hire without notice and without refund where this condition is breached.
f) Not to do or omit to do something which may be or become a nuisance to neighbouring holiday accommodation or properties.
2. Where pets are allowed at the property the charge will be specified on the booking confirmation and you agree to the following:
a) Pets must not, at any time, be left alone at or in the property.
b) Only the number and type of pets agreed to on the booking confirmation will be allowed.
c) Pets must not under any circumstances be allowed on any soft furnishings or beds.
d) Pets must have their own beds or equivalent to protect floor coverings at all times.
e) Pets must not cause any annoyance in any way to occupants of adjoining properties or the general public.
f) You must never allow pets to defecate in areas where children may play. Failure to clean up after pets will be heavily surcharged.
Cancellation and Refunds
1. If you wish to cancel your booking you should advise us as soon as reasonably practicable by telephone and follow this with confirmation by email. The day of receipt of the written confirmation is the day that is deemed as the date of cancellation.
2. Cancellations or early departures due to inclement weather will not be refunded.
3. We may (but without any obligation to you) attempt to obtain a replacement letting for you if one is available. If a replacement letting is obtained for your booked full stay, we may refund you any monies paid above the deposit less any handling charge. If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges. We will deduct the cancellation charge(s) of £25 from any monies you have already paid to us.
4. Except in extenuating circumstances, the deposit is non-refundable, even if a replacement letting is found.
5. We do not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, but sometimes problems occur and bookings have to be changed or cancelled or errors corrected. We reserve the right to do so. If this does happen, it is our duty to contact the Party Leader (by telephone where possible for major changes) and we will inform you of the situation and will refund payments already made where we have cancelled other than for reasons attributable to you.
Caring for your safety and comfort
1. We will make every reasonable effort to indicate possible safety hazards in the property description. It is however your responsibility (particularly parents and anyone with physical restrictions) to inspect the property and grounds immediately upon arrival and note any possible hazards.
2. Please remember that many of the properties are not built to modern standards so may contain potential hazards such as steep or open stairs, low beams and low doorways which should be noted by you.
3. You must upon arrival check the layout of the property so that you have a planned route to exit the property as easily as possible in the event of an emergency.
4. Most properties are located in the countryside which can hold its own hazards such as barbed wire in fencing and animals in fields.
1. As most properties are in the countryside please note that regular country smells and noises will not be classed as cause for complaint.
2. If you do have cause for complaint remedial action should be taken as soon as possible.
3. If you have complaints regarding any service that we provide please inform us immediately in writing and within 7 days of the end of any arrangements booked through us.
4. If you do have a cause for complaint regarding the property, please inform us as soon as you are able, so that we can rectify the problem during your stay.
5. As soon as a problem arises it is essential that you contact us (we are available 24/7 as we live on site). Discussion whilst you are at the property should enable the problems to be resolved straight away. Any formal complaint in writing must to be sent to us within 7 days of the end of your rental period.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms of business are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales have jurisdiction (unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case you can bring proceedings in your local court under Scots or Northern Irish law, as applicable.)