Blaencwm Cottages is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold, whether you enquire by telephone, via our website or other booking agency partners or whether you stay as a guest in our accommodation.
What Information do we collect ?
1. When you enquire we will note your name, email address and telephone number.
2. If you book to stay with us in our accommodation, we will ask for a home address and will also keep information about the dates of any stay you have booked or completed.
3. Payment information: any payment details that we take directly over the phone or via email, will be immediately destroyed once payment has been taken and will not be stored by us.
Who is collecting this information ?
Blaencwm Cottages is owned and managed by Steven Green and Alison Green and if you are contacting us directly, these are the only two people within our company, who will have access to your information. If you book through one of our booking agency partners, your information will be handled in accordance with their own privacy policies.
How is the information collected and who will it be shared with ?
1. The information will be collected via email, by telephone or occasionally by post. It may also be passed to us by one of our booking agency partners (currently West Wales Cottages or Pitchup although this may change in future – any changes will be communicated clearly on our website). You should review the relative Privacy Policies of these companies for further information on how they process your data.
2. This information will be stored securely on our company computer, with full security measures in place and will never be shared with any third parties, with the possible exception of our IT hosting company.
Why is the information being collected and how will it be used ?
1. We collect information, so that we can remain in contact with you both before and after your stay with us, to ensure that your booking and stay run smoothly.
2. To comply with our legal and statutory obligations.
3. For external audits and quality checks with auditors, regulators and accreditation providers.
4. If you write a testimonial on one of our social media pages or on those of our booking agency partners, we may ask your permission to reproduce this on our website, but this permission can be withdrawn at any time and will only mention a first name.
How long will your information be held ?
We will keep your personal data after you have enquired to book or stay with us. We will only do so for one of these reasons:
1. So that we can respond to any questions, complaints or claims you may make.
2. In order to further market and promote our business. You can opt out of these communications at any time by emailing us to “unsubscribe”.
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal data, we will delete it from our systems or anonymise it.